Chris is a member of the Strategy Group Energy and Natural Resources Team. He specialises in strategy development, portfolio analysis, organisational design & change management, and business performance improvement.
He is a core member of the KPMG team focused on global LNG, and is the co-author of the KPMG report “Winning in a transformed marketplace: A playbook for LNG businesses”
Professional and industry experience
Chris has deep experience working with supermajors, international oil companies, and national oil companies on assignments on issues such as LNG performance improvement; exploration, development and production portfolios; growth strategies; M&A and business development support; Non-Operated Venture approaches; and operating model design
- For a world-scale LNG producer, identified and delivered opportunities for a large-scale improvement in cost and efficiency, including improving operating efficiency, reducing the cost of both front line and support functions, and driving increased value in every area of the business.
- For a supermajor, identified opportunities to improve performance across the global LNG asset portfolio, including greater operational efficiency, reduced cost, and underlying enablers of value
- For a Eurasian LNG producer, identified opportunities to improve performance, focusing on operations, maintenance, and supply chain improvements.
- For the UK assets of a major oil & gas company, developed a programme to deliver a step change in value and performance, through increased production reliability, better turnaround performance, improved supplier management, and an overall increase in both technical and back office efficiency.
- For a large international player with a large operated position in the UK North Sea, identified opportunities to deliver significantly increased value through improved production and reduced cost from improvements to facilities reliability, logistics performance, and process excellence.
- For an upstream oil company seeking to raise global production by 50%, showed how to close key gaps in capabilities, resourcing, and decision-making, including a transformed approach to non-operated ventures, the management of key technical disciplines, and priorities for hiring and staff development
- For an upstream oil & gas company, created a strategic approach to stakeholder management for the company's exploration assets in Angola, helping the company to avoid the potential loss of key licenses, and positioning the company to access new resources.
- For an E&P company with a growing capital project portfolio, led a project to design a new organisation for its North Sea operations to increase delivery capability, cooperation, and effectiveness.
- Created a new approach to evaluating an E&P company’s portfolio of exploration and producing assets, allowing the company to substantially change the way it managed producing assets, exploration opportunities, and business development.
- For a firm considering an exploration-led entry into several new regions, led a project to develop value-led growth paths, taking into account likely discovery sizes, costs, the competitive environments, and resource monetisation issues.