SINGAPORE, 29 September 2016: Year-on-year, the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) and its partner events draw leaders and experts from around the world to debate and cooperate on energy developments across Asia.
The role of gas and LNG in Asia’s energy mix has always been a key discussion point at the event. Developments across carbon emission standards, spot prices, technologies, legislations, regulations, projects, distribution and infrastructure, and the shift in buyer-seller dynamics were all heavily debated previously in 2015.
This year, Asia’s gas and LNG industry, as well as its related supply chains, will return to the Gas Asia Summit & Exhibition (GAS) from 26 to 28 October to focus on the opportunities accelerating the development of Asia’s dynamic gas market.
The event features a strategic and technical Conference and Workshop and a free-to-attend Exhibition show floor showcasing international and regional exhibitors from across the supply chain.
At the Conference, 20 strategic, technical and country focused sessions will be presented by over 60 experts and leading authorities. Key experts and authorities include:
• Lily Chia, Head of Oil, Power & Gas, Derivatives, Singapore Exchange (SGX)
• Djohardi Angga Kusumah, SVP Gas & Power, PT Pertamina (Persero)
• Jun Bai, Deputy Director, Institute of International Energy, International Cooperation Center, National Development and Reform Commission
• Kazuhiro Yokoi, Senior Vice President Fuel Transactions Group, JERA Co.,Inc.
• Robin Dunnigan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Diplomacy, Bureau of Energy Resources, U.S. Department of State
• Raymundo B. Savella, Vice President, Upstream Operations Division, PNOC – Exploration Corporation
• Nobuyuki Higashi, Vice President Corporate Strategy & Planning Division, INPEX Corporation
• Derek Thomas, Director - Advanced Modular Infrastructure, AG&P
• Denis Bonhomme, Senior Vice President Business Development Asia, ENGIE Global LNG
• Nobuhisa Kobayashi, Managing Director, Tokyo Gas Asia
• Sampe L. Purba, Vice President of Gas Commercialization, SKK Migas
• Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman and CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ)
• Omar Jahangir, General Manager, Pakistan LNG Terminals Limited
• Syed Mohammad Ali, Chief Executive Officer, Engro Elengy Terminal (Pvt) Limited
Attendance from regional authorities and key international LNG and gas stakeholders has already been confirmed including senior representation from the Embassy of Japan in Singapore, Malaysia-Thailand Joint Authority, Pertamina, ADNOC, Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsui & Co., POSCO, Hyundai Heavy Industries, Senoko Energy, Technip, International Enterprise Singapore, Energy Market Authority Singapore, KPMG, ABS, Pavilion Energy among some.
The Workshop will be led by AG&P and highlights specific aspects of the complex matrix of LNG distribution in an efficient, safe and economical way.
As part of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme, both the Conference and Workshop are accredited. Delegates attending either the Conference or Workshop will receive certification post event for their own professional record.
New for the 2016 event is the free Exhibition. It aims to offer a dedicated marketplace for over 2,000 industry professionals to network and do business with a range of suppliers and technology and service providers. Support for the event has already been received by international industry stakeholders from all segments of the supply chain, including Wartsila, AG&P, SNC Lavalin, Pavilion Energy, KPMG, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement, Tokyo Gas Asia, Mitsui O.S.K Lines, SENER, GTT, JFE Engineering, Bain & Company, K&L Gates LLP, ABS, GENSCAPE and the Singapore Exchange (SGX).
The Conference and Exhibition are open on Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 October on level four of the Marina Bay Sands & Expo Convention Centre, while the Workshop will take place on Friday 28 October. GAS is part of the SIEW and is supported by the EMA, IE Singapore, the British High Commission Singapore, the High Commission of Canada, Alberta Canada Singapore Office and Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB).
For more information and to register to attend the event, please visit www.gasasiasummit.com.